In need of comfort? I can’t guarantee this will make you feel better. And I certainly wont claim it’s better than a cuddle (what’s better than a cuddle for comfort?). But it is nourishing, it is delicious and it is a treat you can give yourself to make your morning a little cosier.
It’s so easy. In fact I came up with this in a matter of seconds when I was pregnant with Oliver, and found myself with surplus Golden Milk Hot Chocolate and a serious porridge craving!
I hope you like it if you try it! I’ll be popping back tomorrow with an entirely different, extra special recipe in conjunction with some fun food-related news.
Until then, happy new week!
❤ Marisa xx
GOLDEN MILK HOT CHOCOLATE OATS
Prep time: 5 minutes | Serves: 1-2 (depending on hunger levels)
250 ml unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp organic cacao
1 heaped tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp maca powder
1 tsp organic rice malt syrup (alt. honey) or to taste
1 tsp organic coconut oil
100 ml oats
200 ml water (or unsweetened almond milk)
- In a small saucepan, make the hot chocolate by warming almond milk gently over low heat.
- Sift in the cacao, turmeric and ginger and whisk. Add rice malt syrup and whisk until combined.
- In a separate small saucepan, combine oats and water and simmer over low heat until porridge is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Add porridge to a bowl (on the larger side).
- Drop in the coconut oil into the hot chocolate, stir and remove pan from heat.
- Pour over porridge and serve immediately.
*This post is dedicated to Nils and his family. Your light shines on, Nils ❤