This is one of the simplest sides we do here at Marzipan HQ. Delicious savoury potato wedges; the perfect accompaniment to toasted sandwiches, veggie burgers and the like. And just as good served with a homemade sauce or dip of choice.
I used organic Swedish “delikatess” potatoes (of the red-skinned Cherie variety), but any good roasting potato will do. I recommend smaller ones for easy-to-cut small wedges… simply rinse/scrub, then quarter them. It couldn’t be easier!
Happy weekend, everyone!
❤ MM xx
EASY BAKED POTATO WEDGES
900 g potatoes of choice
Olive oil (around 2-3 tbsp)
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried or fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 225°C (fan).
- Wash potatoes and cut into wedges (no peeling necessary!).
- Toss wedges in olive oil in a large bowl and, if desired, sprinkle over a little garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Give the bowl a quick shake to make sure wedges are coated evenly.
- Tip the wedges onto a baking tray and bake them for 15 minutes.
- Check their progress. Give them a flip then pop them back in for another 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle over more salt and, if you like, some thyme.
- Serve and eat!
*This is another belated recipe post, first shared on Instagram many moons ago!