A customisable treat that anyone can enjoy, these frosty mocha shakes are a perfect pick-me-up, containing extra protein and superfoods for lasting energy and an endurance boost.
Originally created for the Food of Thrones theme of Redemption, I dedicated this recipe to the love-starved “black sheep” of A Song of Ice and Fire. And, while treats and comfort foods are not synonymous with love, there is certainly something about loving in the gesture of creating something special for someone dear.
So feel free to try this recipe… and share a delicious homemade-with-love treat with someone you care about.
Have a beautiful weekend, friends!
❤ MM xx
ICED MOCHA MYLKSHAKES
(with a superfood boost)
INGREDIENTS FOR MYLKSHAKE
300 ml plant mylk of choice (I used cashew)
200 ml cold coffee (I used decaf)
1/2 tsp organic vanilla powder
1-2 tsp organic maca powder (I used Organic Burst)
1 tbsp chocolate protein powder/superfoods mix* (optional)
Half a chopped chocolate protein bar of choice (I used Squarebars Chocolate Coated Crunch)
Approx. 250 ml ice cubes
+ 3 tbsp chocolate sauce (see below)
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
3 tbsp rice malt syrup**
- Make the chocolate sauce by simply combining all sauce ingredients in a small pan and heating through while stirring over a low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (it will thicken a little as it cools).
- Pour mylk of choice into a blender. Add the other mylkshake ingredients plus 3 tablespoons of the chocolate sauce (reserving the rest for serving). Blitz the mix until well combined and smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce around the inside of two large glasses then pour mylkshake mix into both.
- Top each drink with chopped chocolate protein bar of choice and edible flower sprinkles.
* I used Your Superfoods Chocolate Lover Mix.
** For another vegan option, use maple syrup. To make it Paleo, you could also use honey instead of rice malt syrup.