No dehydrator? No problem! These chips can be made in the oven and are a light and super-tasty snack, perfect for anytime of the day.
ZUCCHINI CHIPS WITH TAMARI AND SESAME SEEDS
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: approx. 1.5 hours
1 zucchini at room temperature
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon tamari
2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
1 teaspoon nori flakes
- Preheat your oven to 90°C (fan) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a mandoline, slice zucchini thinly.
- In a small bowl combine sesame seeds and nori flakes.
- Place slices zucchini in a large bowl pour over oil and tamari, tossing zucchini slices gently to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Arrange zucchini slices on trays making sure they do not overlap. Sprinkle a little of the sesame seed mix over each slice.
Bake at 90°C (fan) for 1 hour. Remove trays from oven and very carefully flip each zucchini chip. Place rotated trays back in oven for around 20-40 minutes (as all ovens are different, do check the progress of your chips).
Remove trays from oven.
*These chips are best eaten freshly made, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.