My perfectionist tendencies have meant that over the past couple of weeks I have been testing all the recipes of dishes I plan to serve at the blessingway/baby shower. I recently experimented with two types of mini quiches made with puff pastry and, as a result, had a bunch of puff pastry scraps that I had no idea what to do with, but couldn’t stand to waste. I found this recipe online and it seemed just the ticket. It is truly one of the easiest things I’ve ever made… and these biscuits are so yummy and more-ish. I won’t ever waste a scrap of puff pastry again! 😉
200g pastry off-cuts (puff or short crust)
100g grated cheddar cheese
- Mould scraps of pastry into a ball and roll out.
- Sprinkle one half with grated cheese and fold the other half over the cheese.
- Roll this out and keep on folding and rolling until the cheese is well mixed in with the pastry.
- Roll out well-mixed cheesy pastry to a thickness of about 0.5 cm and cut out biscuits with a small cookie cutter. Bake on tray lined with baking paper in a preheated oven at 200c (180c fan) for approx. 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container or put the biscuits in a bag in the freezer. Reheat in oven as needed.
How easy is that?! 😀