I blame my friend and her gorgeous newborn baby girl for these! I was invited over for morning tea to meet the baby and I just had to bring something. Due to certain food allergies my friend has, I opted to feature chocolate in these cookies instead of raisins and almonds. The results were unsurprisingly delicious… and dangerously more-ish. I made another batch of dough in preparation for my Thanksgiving for Dummies event and froze it so I could “bake fresh” the night before (ie, tonight!), without any stress.
CHEWY M&M’s COOKIES WITH MINI MARSHMALLOWS
Prep Time: 15 Min, Cook Time: 11 Min, Makes: approx. 36
5 dl organic all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
250 g unsalted butter, softened
2.5 dl caster sugar
2.5 dl dark brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large organic, free range eggs
2 tsp organic pure vanilla powder
7 dl organic oats (not instant)
180 g M&M’s
A couple of handfuls of mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla; set aside.
- Combine butter, eggs and sugar with a mixer on low-speed.
- Increase speed to high to cream until fluffy and light in colour.
- Stir* the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
*Over mixing develops the gluten and will make the cookies tough
- Add the oats, M&M’s and mini marshmallows and stir to incorporate.
- Scoop out approx. 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie. Place a few centimeters apart on a non-stick baking sheet covered tray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven. Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
*Recipe adapted from this one for delicious oat and raisin cookies
*Cookies keep well in an airtight container for at least a few days
*Cookie dough may be frozen for later use