1 deciliter of sugar, 2 deciliters of flour and 3 decilitres of fruit, add a little coconut, some baking powder to help it rise just a little, mix… and voilà! It really is as easy as 1, 2, 3! A super yummy, super easy pudding-like cake that uses basic ingredients that you probably have on hand.
1, 2, 3 PINEAPPLE COCONUT CAKE
Prep time: 3 min – Cook time: 30 min – Servings: 6
1 dl sugar
2 dl flour
3 dl crushed pineapple in juice (canned)
1/2-1 dl desiccated coconut (more if you prefer)
2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Grease a ceramic baking dish.
- Combine sugar, flour, pineapple (with juice), baking powder and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish (mine is a 22 by 28 cm rectangular form, on the shallow side).
- Pop in oven and bake for around 30-35 minutes (until the top is lightly golden, the edges have browned and come away from sides of the dish and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean). The cake will not have risen very much.
- Serve slices of cake warm and, by all means, with cream or ice-cream if you like.